Frannie Peabody Center offers professional, primary case management services to people living with HIV/AIDS in Cumberland and York counties. Our trained case managers provide referrals, transportation, coordination of care, support, and advocacy to help clients meet their medical, psychological, legal, job training, and physical needs.
The following are available to clients through their case managers:
- one-on-one support
- assistance with applications for housing, social service, and entitlement programs
- help to address legal, mental health, and substance use issues
- risk-reduction counseling to prevent the spread of HIV
- emergency assistance for dental care, eye care, and other medical expenses (income guidelines and annual cap apply)
- emergency assistance with rent, mortgage, and utility payments (income guidelines and an annual cap apply)
- rental subsidies (income guidelines and rent standards apply; wait list time varies).
Case management services are available at our offices, clients’ homes, Portland’s Positive Health Care clinic, hospitals, nursing homes, correctional facilities, and in appropriate community settings.
Many of our case managers have a Masters Degree in Social Work. Others have years of equivalent experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS. All staff members receive intensive training upon hire and continuing education and professional development opportunities throughout their employment at Frannie Peabody Center.
If you are living with HIV/AIDS in Cumberland or York counties and do not have a case manager, use the phone numbers below to schedule an intake assessment.
774-6877, ext. 8017
Toll-free: (800) 851-2437
Frannie Peabody Center does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, race, gender, national origin, marital status, religious preference, political affiliation, sexual orientation, mental health status, substance abuse history, HIV status or disability.
If you are in need of emergency medical attention, do not depend on communications from this website. Contact your case manager by phone, call your local crisis line or go to your local emergency room.
Cumberland County crisis line: 774-HELP (4357)
York County crisis line: 800-660-8500